|Designer:||Unknown, rules taken from ultimateninjacombat.com under a CC licence.|
|Time required:||10 minutes.|
|Place required:||Enough open space for all players to stand around ten feet away from each other.|
|This is a playable game - it's finished, tested and ready to play.|
|Attribution-Noncommercial Creative Commons licence. (What does this mean?)|
Ninja is a theatrical turn-based combat party game.
Players begin in a circle, standing at arms-length, and then take turns striking ninja poses and engaging each other in ultimate ninja combat. The goal is to eliminate other players by slapping their hands. During your turn, you can move your entire body in one fluid motion to attack or position yourself defensively.
- Players form a circle, each standing at arm’s width away from each other.
- On the count of “3... 2... 1... NINJA!” all players jump into ninja poses. Choose your pose wisely!
- Randomly choose a ninja to begin.
- On their turn, each player is allowed to make one swift ninja attack. KAPOW! This can involve your whole body. HAYA! Eliminate others by striking their hand - the wrist is not included. You must stiffly hold the position you end your move in.
- The next player is allowed to move once you have have finished your attack.
- If you are attacked by another player, you may dodge, but you can't move your feet.
- When only two players remain, they begin the final duel. The final two ninjas stop fighting, bow, and stand back-to-back. On the count of “3... 2... 1... NINJA!” they jump into poses. The ninja with the boldest pose goes first and play resumes normally. The game ends when only one ninja remains.
The Ninja Code
- Be ridiculous. The “winner” is not necessarily the most celebrated player; playing with style is more important.
- No pullbacks. You must remain in the position you finished your move in.
- Real ninjas fight with honor. If your hand was struck, you’re out!
- The only referee is the crowd. Impress the crowd and they’ll take your side in disputes.
- Have fun. There will always be another game of Ninja!